Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding (Dairy + Refined Sugar Free)
Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
This is the most decadent healthy recipe out there. Rich cacao powder paired with creamy avocado and cashew butter make for a super tasty treat. To be honest, I even have this for breakfast sometimes. It’s that healthy and that good.
When I made up a batch this week, Jackson anxiously waited beside me. He pulled at my pant legs until I finally bent down to give him a spoonful. Obviously, he loved it. However, he did not love when it was all done.
The question I often get when talking about raw cacao is:
“Are cacao and cocoa powder are the same?”
No, they are not. Raw cacao powder is made with unroasted cocoa beans that have been cold-pressed. This process keeps the living enzymes and many of its beneficial nutrients intact. Cocoa powder, on the other hand, has been roasted at high temperatures, destroying its enzymes and nutrients.
Not that I have to convince you to eat more healthy chocolate treats, but just in case – here are 5 reasons to include more raw cacao in your life.
- Boosts Mood: Raw cacao contains a wide array of mood-boosting compounds. Anandamide (aka the bliss molecule) creates feelings of euphoria, while phenethylamine triggers the release of endorphins (the love hormone).
- Muscle & Nerve Health: With its high levels of magnesium, raw cacao is key for helping support our muscles and nerves.
- Antioxidants: The chocolatey powder has over 40x the antioxidants of blueberries. Antioxidants are important because they combat free radicals in the body, thus reducing your risk of several diseases – including cancer.
- Prevents Anemia: Not only does it beat out spinach as one of the highest plant-based sources of iron, but it contains almost 3x more iron than beef.
- Stress Reduction: Studies have shown raw cacao inhibits the release of the stress hormones cortisol and epinephrine from the adrenal glands.
You can find raw cacao powder in health food stores or the natural section of most grocery stores. But, when in doubt…find it online 🙂
PS. Remember to tag me on Instagram (@katiestewartwellness) so I can see your creation!
A super simple raw chocolate pudding that comes together in under 5 minutes.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocados
- 1 tbsp nut butter (use sunflower seed butter or coconut butter for a nut-free version)
- 1-2 tbsp raw honey (sub maple or coconut syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink rock or grey sea salt
- 1-2 toothpick swirls of doterra peppermint or spearmint essential oil
- 2 tsp unsweetened coconut flakes (topping)
- 2 tsp cacao nibs (topping)
- Sprinkle of shaved sea salt (topping)
- Add all of the ingredients and the optional drop of essential oil in the food processor. Mix until well combined. If you don't have a food pro, an immersion blender works great too.
- Test for sweetness and adjust if needed.
- Spoon into two bowls. Top with coconut flakes and/or cacao nibs if desired.