Simple Crepe Recipe
Simple Crepe Recipe
Out of all the recipes I’ve ever made for my family, this crepe recipe is the one they love most. I’ve been making this same crepe recipe since I was 12 years old. Whether it was our big Christmas brunch, a cottage breakfast, or birthday request – these crepes were getting made by the dozen. I usually serve this with a big assortment of fillings like scrambled eggs, avocado, local organic bacon, maple syrup, nut butter, or homemade jam.
I love that you can make this crepe recipe ahead and freeze them! Just make sure you put a layer of parchment paper between each crepe. This makes for a super easy Christmas morning breakfast with zero fuss! But hey, this recipe is definitely one to keep on hand all year. You’ll totally love it!
Shoutout to my little brother, Tim, who texts me every year to make sure I’m making him crepes for Christmas. Yes, I’m making crepes again this year.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 ½ cup non-dairy milk (almond, cashew, or coconut)
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used Bob’s Mills All Purpose GF Baking Flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch unrefined salt
- 1 tbsp avocado, coconut or extra-virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1 tbsp honey or coconut syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- Add all the ingredients to your kitchen mixer and beat until well combined. If you’re making a dessert crepe add in the honey, vanilla and cinnamon as well.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, adding a small amount of oil per crepe. I find a cast iron pan works best).
- Add about 2-3 tbsp of the crepe batter to the pan. Lift and tilt the pan to evenly spread the batter.
- Return to heat and cook through. No need to flip.
- Add crepe to a plate and cover with a lid. Repeat with remaining batter.
Make ahead and freeze these for a quick breakfast. Serve with your favourite fillings like: scrambled eggs, avocado, local organic bacon, maple syrup, nut butter, or homemade jam.