Herbed White Bean Dip
Herbed White Bean Dip
Dips are a staple in our house. Jackson (my toddler) is obsessed with them – hummus, guacamole, cashew cheese, and especially this Herbed White Bean Dip. It’s perfect for snacking or spreading on your favourite wrap (I love raw veggie or coconut wraps!).
Cannellini beans are also known as white kidney beans. I love that they really take on the flavour of whatever you mix them with – aka the lemon, rosemary, and thyme in this recipe. That’s why this Herbed White Bean Dip is so delicious. They also happen to have a few perks to eating them, too.
- High in protein
- Great source of flavonoids which combat cancer
- Rich in fibre to help flush toxins from the body
- Regulates blood sugar levels
- High in antioxidants to protect against skin damage
- Great source of iron
Not Just For Show
Parsley is usually thought of as a garnish on dishes. But, this green herb is actually packed with incredible nutrients. That’s why I always add a good amount to any bean dip I make. Even eating a small amount has awesome health benefits. Just two tablespoons contain about 138% of your daily vitamin K needs. Your body uses vitamin K as a key player in maintaining bone density. Here are a few more reasons to include parsley in your life:
- High in antioxidants
- Natural diuretic
- Good source of vitamin A to help protect eyes and skin
- Improves digestion
- Helps balance hormones
- Contains immune-boosting vitamin C
Sharing Is Caring
Don’t forget to post your creation on Instagram and tag me so I can see it! I love seeing what you whip up. Follow me @katiestewartwellness. And before you rush off to make this insanely delicious dip, make sure you download my free guide, Daily Detox. I share my favourite 10 tips to help you get clearer skin, more energy, and better digestion.
The perfect bean dip - full of fibre, protein, and iron!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
Yields 1.5 cups
- 1 16-oz can cannellini beans (or any white bean)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary, dried (sub 1/2 - 1 drop doTERRA rosemary essential oil)
- 1 tsp thyme, dried (sub 1/2 - 1 drop doTERRA thyme essential oil)
- ½ to ¾ tsp unrefined sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in mini food processor or blend. Blend until well combined.