Homemade Gluten-Free Turkey Gravy
No holiday table is complete without turkey gravy. I love the rich and decadent flavour homemade bone broth brings to this recipe. If you don’t have bone broth handy, store-bought chicken stock will also work.
I use garlic powder and onion powder to boost the flavour, but feel free to omit if you don’t have it. Make it your own by adding in your favourite herbs like thyme or rosemary!
Holiday Recipe Round-Up
For a lot of people, the holidays can be a hard time to stick to their healthy eating. Luckily, I have so many tasty recipes that your family will love and you won’t feel guilty for eating. Christmas is about enjoying each others company and feasting on delicious food together.
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potatoes (just cut into a cube shape rather than fry)
- Classic Grain-Free Stuffing with Savoury Herbs
- Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Super Chewy Paleo Cookies
- Chia Seed Pudding with Honey Pecans
- Creamy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
Yields 2 Cups
- 2 cups homemade chicken or turkey bone broth (store-bought chicken stock works too)
- ¼ cup turkey drippings from pan
- 1-3 tbsp arrowroot, tapioca, or potato starch (depending on desired thickness)
- ½ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ¼ tsp onion powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Over medium heat, mix the drippings and desired amount of starch together. Cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
If you prefer thicker gravy, scoop out a small amount of the gravy into a bowl and add a bit more gluten-free flour. Return this mixture to the gravy and mix well.