Pot of Gold Lemon Turmeric Bliss Balls (Paleo + Vegan Friendly)
Pot of Gold Lemon Turmeric Bliss Balls
Lemon turmeric bliss balls are the perfect bite-sized snack to enjoy this St. Patricks Day (or any day for that matter). Don’t let their small size fool you, they’re packed with protein, fibre, and good fats. By eating those three macronutrients together, you’ll reduce cravings and stay fuller for longer.
I love having a couple of these guys with my afternoon Matcha Latte or Golden Milk (both are dairy free!). If you’re looking for more fun recipes like this, try my Sweet & Salty Maca Bliss Balls or The Shamrock Shake.
- High in monounsaturated fats that reduce your risk of heart disease and weight gain.
- Great source of the antioxidant vitamin E which protects your skin from sun damage.
- Source of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) that easily absorb into the body and can be quickly used as an energy source.
- Immune boost thanks to being one of the best sources of lauric acid that have antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties
- Contains all of the beneficial enzymes and nutrients.
- Antioxidant powerhouse that supercharges the immune system.
- Natural antibiotic that is useful in wound care.
- Helps to heal stomach ulcers.
- High in the antioxidant, vitamin C, that boosts immunity and fights free radicals that promote disease and aging (aka wrinkles and fine lines).
- One of the most powerful anti-inflammatories in the world.
- Combined with its high levels of antioxidants, the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric are effective in many skin conditions (like acne and wound healing).
Lemon Essential Oil
- Naturally cleanses the body.
- Aids in digestion.
- Supports healthy respiratory function.
*Only use high-quality essential oils that have been
- Helps soothe the digestive lining.
- Effective when dealing with intestinal permeability (aka leaky gut).
- Helps promote strong nails, shiny hair, and smooth skin.
Sweet and tangy lemon turmeric bliss balls. Perfect for an afternoon snack or on-the-go nibble. Paleo & Vegan-Friendly!
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
Yields Makes 16 balls.
- 1 ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 8 drops doterra lemon essential oil
- 2 tbsp collagen powder
- Combine all ingredients (including any boosters) in a food pro and pulse until well combined.
- Remove from food pro and place into a bowl. Cool for 15 minutes so it's easier to handle.
- Apply a little bit of oil to your hands to prevent sticking and roll into 1” balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can also be stored for longer in the freezer.
If you'd like, roll each bliss ball in extra shredded coconut or grated organic lemon peel. You can make these super festive by making a second green batch and swapping out the turmeric for matcha or Hawaiian spirulina.