Simple Tomato, Spinach & Shiitake Mushroom Frittata
Tomato, Spinach & Shiitake Mushroom Frittata
Have a crowd for breakfast or brunch? Frittata.
Want a fancy looking dish that’s actually super simple? Frittata.
Want a delicious protein-rich meal that’s budget friendly? Frittata.
You get the idea.
This is the perfect recipe to keep on hand for a quick weekend meal. I love mixing up the veggies so it’s something different every time, too. For this recipe, I chopped up some fresh cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, and shiitake mushrooms.
Whenever I’m creating a dish I think about two things.
- The Flavour
- The Nutrient Profile
I want something that not only tastes absolutely delicious but still contains important nutrients that allow your body to thrive. Remember, food is fuel. Not filler.
- Improve vision
- Lowers blood pressure
- Protects the heart
- Rich in antioxidants prevent free radical damage
- Reduces cancer risk
- Supports the immune system
- Improves bone health
- Protects skin
- Help prevent chronic disease
- Boosts immunity
- Reduce body-wide inflammation
- Contain antioxidant properties
Garlic + Onion
- Help combat infections
- May reduce cancer risk
- Can help prevent heart disease
Making it a Meal
The frittata is great on its own but if you’re looking to fill out your breakfast table try making my Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries (just cut into hash brown shape) and my Garden Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
An easy vegetable frittata that comes together quickly to feed a crowd.
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 1 diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ cup diced shiitake mushrooms (stems removed)
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pink salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add olive oil, onions, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning to cast iron pan. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent. About 5-8 minutes.
- Add spinach and tomatoes. Sauté until greens are wilted and tomatoes soft. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs and pink salt. Transfer to oven.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until centre of frittata is cooked through.
- Serve with a side of sliced avocado for a creamy addition of healthy fats.