Ultimate DIY Beauty Serum
This is the Queen of all DIY beauty serums. The combination of argan and essential oils is incredibly nourishing for your skin. I love applying a few drops after I’ve cleansed my skin in place of my moisturizer.
If applying in the morning, it creates a dewy effect underneath your foundation. In the evening, it’s deeply hydrating.
And if you’re wondering, yes this can replace your moisturizer! Although, my skin gets quite dry in the wintertime here in Canada, so I still use my moisturizer on top of the beauty serum at night.
Benefits of Argan Oil
Cold-pressed from the nut of the argan tree, argan oil is known as Morocco’s liquid gold. It’s used for both dietary and beauty purposes. When it comes to the health of your skin, argan oil is your new BFF.
- Improves skin elasticity
- Restores barrier function and boosts hydration
- Eliminates the appearance of scars and age spots
- Lessens the severity of dermatitis
- Contains vitamins A & E which help reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces sebum levels
- Provides anti-aging effects to the skin
- High linoleic acid content helps reduce inflammation
- Linoleic acid also helps soothe damaged skin
In addition to the argan oil, essential oils supercharge this DIY beauty serum. I like to do a combination of soothing, clearing and rejuvenating oils.
Yarrow | Pom: A combination of yarrow essential oil and cold-pressed pomegranate seed oil that activates skin-protecting proteins (aka stops the breakdown of elasticity and collagen) with the added benefit of promoting collagen production.
Frankincense: Known as the King of Oils, its soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections
Myrrh: Used for thousands of years, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Lavender: The most popular essential oil that soothes occasional skin irritations.
Geranium: Dating back to ancient Egypt, it promotes the appearance of clear and healthy skin.
Let’s say it together: oils are not created equally.
Many have been adultered or cut with synthetic additives to make the oil cheaper to produce. This holds true for both argan and essential oils.
Look for a 100% pure organic argan oil when making this DIY beauty serum. The popular brands of argan oil contain added fragrance and chemical ingredients.
As a Board Certified Essential Oil Practitioner, the only brand I trust and use is doTERRA. Their oils contain no added fillers, synthetic ingredients, or harmful contaminants. They are the highest quality you can get from essential oils. Click here to join my free essential oil education community learn more or here to purchase.
This is the Queen of all DIY beauty serums. The combination of argan and essential oils is incredibly nourishing for your skin.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 30 drops Yarrow | Pom essential oil blend
- 30 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 30 drops Myrrh essential oil
- 30 drops Lavender essential oil
- 30 drops Geranium essential oil
- 1 oz. glass eye dropper bottle
- Organic argan oil
- Add all essential oils to the glass dropper bottle.
- Top with argan oil.
- Gently shake to mix well.
- Use a few drops in place of your moisturizer.
This recipe has an essential oil dilution ratio of about 30%.