Grain-Free Vanilla Donuts with Honey Glaze
“Katie, I can give anything up for my skin but don’t make me give up my sweet treats.”
This is probably one of the biggest worries my clients having during our first 1:1 session in The Clear Skin Solution. I quickly calm their fear and let them know giving up sweet treats is unnecessary.
As long as we’re smart about it.
When you’re working to clear your skin, yes you 100% will have to adjust what you’re eating (especially if the majority of your diet is processed/refined carbs and dairy). The important part here is to make sure you swap those out with a healthy alternative.
Prime example? These Grain-Free Vanilla Donuts.
They’re free from the inflammatory gluten, dairy and sugar but still absolutely delicious! When you are able to find health substitutions to your favourite foods, it’s much easier to stick to your new way of eating.
KSW Sweet Treats
If you’re looking for some other sweet treats in additional to these grain-free vanilla donuts, I’ve got you covered:
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
- Healthy Homemade Chocolate Bars
- Gummy Bears
- Lemon Blueberry Gut Gummies
- Layered Raw Vegan Cashew “Cheesecake”
- Candied Maple Pecans
- Super Chewy Paleo Cookies
- Paleo Pumpkin Pie
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unpasteurized honey
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tsp water
- Optional: natural food colouring (I used spirulina, matcha and dragon fruit powder)
- Preheat oven to 300F and lightly grease donut pan with oil of choice. Place pan on a baking sheet for easy transferring. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. Use a spoon to scrape down the sides if needed and continue blending. You can also do this by hand but the batter won’t be as smooth.
- Use a spoon to scoop donut batter into molds of the pan -- filling about ¾ of the way. Use your finger to gently smooth out the top of the batter.
- Place baking sheet with filled donut moulds in the oven. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place moulds on a cooling rack. When the donuts are cool, remove from pan and place back on the rack.
- In the meantime, add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla to a small pot over low heat. Mix until well combined.
- Remove from heat and mix in the arrowroot/water mixture. Stir well until no clumps.
- Let the mixture cool slightly, and add desired food colouring. Mix well. Dip cooled donuts into the glaze and gently pull back out. Place on a plate. Serve immediately or cover and keep for 3 days.
I use silicone donut pan I got on Amazon.