Peaches & Cream Galette (Dairy/Grain/Gluten-Free)
Peach season, you guys. Peach season.
Living in Ontario’s Greenbelt means I have access to a plethora of local produce in the summer months. I pick up fruit from a local farm stand every week and always load up on peaches.
- They’re delicious
- See A.
Okay, they’re also packed full of antioxidants like vitamins A and C.
These two powerhouses do a number of things in the body. But when it comes to acne sufferers, these are the best benefits:
- Promote healthy skin (and we’re ALL about that around here)
- Fight free radicals that promote disease, aging and breakouts
- Reduce inflammation (big time acne cause)
That’s it for this blog, though. Short and sweet.
You can learn more about peaches in last summer’s post, Seared Peaches & Cream with Cinnamon Toasted Almonds. And if you’re a big fan of galette, try my savoury one with sweet potatoes, leeks and pesto.
Sweet galette filled with ripe Niagara peaches and a lemon-vanilla cashew cream.
30 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp unrefined salt
- 1/3 cup cold ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk with a little water, whisked (for egg wash)
- 2 cups soaked cashews (see notes)
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch unrefined salt
- 6-7 medium peachs sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or more depending on desired sweeteness)
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- Drizzle olive oil
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients for the crust (minus the second egg for the wash) to the food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, mix together in a bowl with a pastry blender. Pulse or blend until well combined.
- Press the dough together and semi flatten on the lined baking sheet.
- Place a second piece of parchment paper over the dough and use a rolling pin to flatten to ¼” thick. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the cashew cream to the blender. Blend on high until smooth — adding a little extra water if needed. Set aside.
- Place sliced peaches in a bowl and sprinkle with coconut sugar and arrowroot starch.
- Gently mix to coat the peaches.
- Pour desired amount of cashew cream in the centre of the flattened crust. Use a spatula to spread the cream about 1 ½” from the edge.
- Arrange the peaches in a single layer on top of the cashew cream.
- Fold the edges over the peaches and brush the crust with the egg wash.
- Drizzle with avocado or coconut oil and sprinkle a little coconut sugar on the crust.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
Soak the cashews overnight in a bowl with filtered water. Make sure there’s 2 inches of water past the cashews. You can do a speedy version by soaking them in water hot off the kettle for 4 hours.