Brightening Turmeric Face Mask
This turmeric face mask is one of my favourites to whip together at home. All you need is four ingredients and 20 minutes to pop on Netflix while you let the mask do its thing.
- Oats: moisturizing, restores skin barrier, reduces itching and inflammation
- Manuka Honey: natural antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, helps repair tissue, speeds up acne healing, removes dead skin cells
- Turmeric: medicinal properties, brightening, reduces inflammation/redness, and soothes breakouts
- Lemon: brightening to the skin/scarring + antibacterial properties reduce acne, oiliness and blackheads.
Yes, turmeric is really orange. No, it won’t die your skin orange forever. If any yellowing lingers post mask, wash your face one to two times.
DIY face mask that helps to soothe acne and inflammation while brightening the overall complexion.
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 3 tbsp rolled oats, finely ground (I used a clean coffee grinder)
- 1 tbsp manuka honey
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon juice + a little water to create desired mask consistency.
- Mix well with back of spoon.
- Apply to freshly cleansed skin. Let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse and follow with desired facial oil or moisturizer.