Hi, I’m Katie
I’m a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Skin Coach who specializes in acne.
I’ve always been obsessed with skincare and food. As a little girl you’d find me reading the latest women’s magazines searching for beauty tips and makeup how-tos (this was before the internet and YouTube).
I grew up from a clear-faced teenager into an acne-ridden woman after I tried to switch around my birth control. All the magazine articles in the world couldn’t help me.
My skin turned against me and erupted into a face full of massive, deep pimples and tiny little bumps all over my jawline, cheeks and forehead. I tried every product, facial and prescription under the sun to try and clear my skin. I saw numerous practitioners from medical doctors to Traditional Chinese Medicine. Nothing worked. I felt hopeless and at a loss of what to do.
My painful cystic acne spread from my face to my chest and back. It left me feeling horribly self-conscious and shattered my confidence. I was working as an on-air TV personality at the time and dreaded having to face the HD camera every morning looking like a pimply-faced teenage boy.
Around the same time I began to take my love of food a step further and delved in to the world of healthy eating. I started wondering if what I was putting in my body would make a difference in my acne. I went back to school and became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and obsessed over all things acne.
I spent years educating myself on how to heal my skin from the inside out so I could finally get to the bottom of what was causing my acne. And guess what? I figured it all out and stopped my embarrassing and painful breakouts — for good. Not only did I get the clear skin I had been praying for but I got my confidence and self-esteem back, too.
That’s Why I Created The Clear Skin Solution
I needed a way to clear up my own skin without resorting to medications and creams that had major side effects. After going from doctor to dermatologist and not getting any answers other than “I can give you a prescription” I decided to take matters into my own hands. I figured out that clearing up my skin required deeper healing than just a topical solution. I uncovered three components that must be addressed in order to fix the problem causing my acne in the first place.
The Clear Skin Solution addresses these three steps to healing the problem causing the acne so my clients can get clear skin without resorting to those same creams and prescriptions I was offered. Because we fix the actual problem and don’t just apply a band-aid solution, my clients experience clear skin for the first time. They’re able to reclaim their confidence and show up in the world in a way that they’ve always desired but never felt comfortable enough to.
Wanna know more? A few fun facts…
- I’m a mom to a sweet little boy named Jackson and a potcake pup named Suri. You’ll find pictures of them over on Instagram (my husband Frank makes a few appearances, too!).
- I LOVE drinking matcha lattes, reading any motivational book I can get my hands on, having dance parties to my favourite EDM artists in my office, and catching a yoga or Pilates class at my local studio.
- Binge-watching Netflix series and eating delicious snacks is my favourite thing to do on the weekend.
- I went to school for Journalism and was an on-air host and videographer for four years in my hometown of Hamilton, ON (I hosted a food show called Hamilton Eats).
- Little more about my TV career…I’ve spent 14 years working behind the scenes in sports television mainly for Hockey Night in Canada but also for big events like the Olympics and FIFA World Cup.